Ola Friends and Family!
To start I would like to think ALL of you who have written me and dear elder'd me. Seriously I am so happy to hear from all of you. I will be writing you back today so look for a letter! All of your letter have included something that I've needed to hear and usually brought me to tears so thank you for listening to the spirit becuase it is comforting to me. I've been here for a week and a half now and it's awesome! I have experienced a lot of firsts and my firsts are coming to an end. The time is starting to move faster and I find that I don't have enough hours in the day to accomplish all of the things that I want. Especially because I want to be fluent in the language and be able to answer any and all gospel questions that come my way without hesitation. In other words I am expecting perfection out of myself...which in case you were wondering is difficult to achieve.
I am officially a solo sister. I thought it was going to be the best thing ever, I wasn't going to have to learn to get along with a companion just yet. Turns out I was very wrong. Now I spend all my time with two elders...and let me tell you, it is an adjustment. They don't listen to ANYTHING I say. They think that I am some mumbling idiot or something. I'm not really sure. Turns out that after they give it a second thought and turn to their notes they find out that I'm right...shocker. Not that I know so much but uh...why do they not trust a thing I say?? Oh well! I did move into an apartment with four other girls so I get to go home at night and talk to them for like 30 minutes before we go to bed. That'll have to do for now!
And the long awaited question...no I have not filled out my electronic application yet. I did ask about it again...same response. It will probably come soon...thanks! So I wait but let me tell you this MTC is AMAZING:
Let me share an experience with you. Those of you who have served missions will I'm sure know exactly what I'm talking about but last Sunday (by the way, Sundays here are the best) we had Mission Conference. Which is just all of the missionaries that are here (about 2000) meet together and someone speaks to us. So the musical number this week was all of us missionaries singing together the most beautiful arrangement of "Called To Serve" I have ever heard. Seriously. It started out really quiet and gradually progressed until we were standing and singing fervently! Anyway I'm pretty sure I was literally sobbing I couldn't actually sing but I tried to hold it together a little. Appartely they do this a lot at the MTC. I don't care if we did it everyday I don't think I would feel the spirit any less.
I don't remember if I told you about my teacher last week but they are great. I had a little issue with one of them this week because I felt that he wasn't really helping me and not teaching me exactly how I wanted him to. But I had a big realization yesterday that I need just trust him and I have learned a lot and he is the reason, he is making me stretch myself more than I would like to.
Ok sorry this is jumbled, I have only 5 minutes left. I had decided I wasn't going to share this experience but now all the sudden I feel the need to. So I was REALLY struggling earlier this week with the language and being a little too hard on myself and I was sitting in our weekly Tuesday night devotional waiting for it to start just sitting (with my elders) and thinking about how much I wished that I was speaking English. As I thought this I had an experience that my mission prep teacher likes to refer to as having the top of his head lifted off and a quart of inspiration poured in. I had the most distinct thought and this is what it was. "I called you to go to Brasil for a reaon, I have faith in you and know that you can do this. Why don't you have faith in me? Why do you doubt?" Uh...yeah. I don't know, I'm sorry! Anyway so I have worked on my faith a little bit this week! I hope that you enjoyed that, I feel a little weird about sending it but I hope it helps someone.
Ok I have 1.5 minutes left. I just want you all to know that I love my Heavenly Father, he is blessing me so much. I know that I am learning a lot and wouldn't be able to do any of this without the help of the Lord and from the promptings of spirit!
Ok I love you all very much! Sorry if this was jumbled!
Sister Brooks
No comments:
Post a Comment